Tuesday, October 1, 2024

The Bear Named Bear

 What's the go with the Bear?


When my youngest (neurodiverse little man) decided to claim my eldest sons, decade old, soft toy bear, I casually asked him what he was going to name him. The look I got was priceless. A side eye was given as if I had just asked the most stupid question in the world, followed by a simple one worded response .... Bear

Bear symbolises alot:

The idea of being straight to the point, the way my little guy is.
A security item.
A way my ND son tells me he loves me as he does not discuss feelings.
A conversation starter.
A communication device (believe it not)

Bear unexpectedly plays a big part in my life.



This blog explores the emotional and physical challenges parents face when raising an autistic child. Topics include managing self-care, finding support, dealing with guilt, and overcoming burnout. It offers my personal journey finding coping strategies and offering advice for parents also trying to navigate these tough moments while caring for their own well-being.

It is raw, honest, triggering and eye-opening for some, but it is my real life. I dont have a degree, this is lived experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment